Friday, June 27, 2008

The Hiking Disaster

So do you remember me saying that Dip Stick and I were going on a hike in the woods? Yeah, that was a nightmare.

There's a park not too far from my house, so we just walked over. "Stick with me," I told Dip Stick, but he's a few leaves short of a full bloom, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the next thing I know, he's not around me. I'm yelling for him, but the guy doesn't really say much. I start to panic. The problem is that, well, he's a stick, and we're in the woods, which is full of...sticks. I'm yelling for him and getting no response. Now, I'm not a weeping willow or anything, but I was getting pretty scared.

I was searching and yelling for about 15 minutes, and I finally found him by a creek dangling his feet in the water and giggling. "You aspen," I said. "I've been looking for you. Why didn't you answer me???"

"Huh," was all he said. What an acorn for brains.

Next week we're going to Cedar Point to ride the wooden roller coaster. I WAS going to bring Dip Stick along with us, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not spending my entire vacation searching for the dude.

1 comment:

Judy in Indiana said...

Dear sticky stick,

Please be careful in the woods. people could step on you! Plus, in the woods near where we live there were once some unsavory men in the woods, ding God knows what to each other. I don't want you seeing any bad behavior with your little eyes.