Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Stickball Game

Hey ya'll. Long time no blog. I never got to write about my trip to the Reds game.

The family, Dip Stick, and I got up early and headed down to Cincinnati for the afternoon game. Nothing really eventful happened during the game. Had some root beer, leafed through the program, saw my bud Adam Dunn hit a long ball. All in all a good day.

We headed down towards the player's entrance afterwards, hoping to get an autograph. I brought my Sharpie and baseball cards. Dip Stick brought a Sharpie, too, but nothing else. We waited around for a little while, and I lost track of Dip Stick (like usual). When I finally found him, guess what? He got an autograph from Adam Dunn! On his bark!

"I'm never washing this off," he said.

"You don't take baths," I added.

"I'm getting this carved," he said.

"I'm not going into that conversation again," I mentioned (see a previous blog).

All in all this was a good day. I wanted to stick around a little while longer, but dad said we had to leaf. Later.

2 comments:

Judy in Indiana said...

I am glad no one mistook you for a bat and tried to put tar where it does not belong!

Aaron B. said...

HEY! I'm a teenage stick! I should hear that trash!

Of course I'm laughing.